Old 15-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Dan Epstein

Default Best tool to cut bamboo?

Thanks Bob,

I'm in Palo Alto. I might try your solution. I purchased the top of
the line anvil looper from OSH, ratcheting mechanism, extension handle
etc. but it couldn't cleanly cut through the more substantial timbers.
It was a pathetic performance and I brought it right back to OSH.
Fiskars and Gardena are probably of higher quality and I might try one
of them via amazon.com. I looked for a PVC cutting tool at Home Depot
and OSH (recommended in this thread) but could find only a small one
which looks more like a rose pruner. I didn't try one of these but
doubt it would work. Reciprocating saw sounds tempting--I was hoping to
solve this without a motorized gadget, given the tranquility of the
bamboo forest I am up against -- I don't want to disturb the peace!

Dan

On 12 Apr 2003 14:44:43 GMT, (TERRAV) wrote:

Dan,

One of the best tools for cutting down your bamboo would be a reciprocating
saw. Power tools are almost always preferable to hand tools if you have much
bamboo to deal with. Most any blade will do for the saw but the best one is
called the Ugly Blade, which I get from Home Depot (other stores probably carry
them too).

Where in the Bay Area are you. I am in El Sobrante.

Regards,

Bob Johannessen

Bob Johannnessen