Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Courgettes - eat raw? Pickled?

In article ,
David in Normandy wrote:
wafflycat wrote:

Courgettes can most certianly be eaten raw. Can be delicious in a salad
(thinly sliced or grated)

Good. I'll try some grated with the next salad. Sounds like another way
to use courgettes. Is it best to use only the small courgettes raw
(couple of inches long) or doesn't it matter?

It doesn't matter, but they aren't worth eating bigger.

Later in the season they invariably grow faster than they can be eaten
and we end up with some huge marrows. Unfortunately (despite best
efforts) the marrows have always rotted over Winter. Anyone any tips for
keeping them successfully? Cool, dry place doesn't seem to be enough.

I give them away.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.