Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A Garden That Looks After Itself?

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Stan The Man contains these words:

Digging is nobody's idea of fun. Nor is weeding.

I wouldn't describe either as "fun", but I find both very satisfying
and I confess to actively enjoying weeding.

Janet.

I tend to agree, though it depends how many weeds you've got at the
time. Today I spent an hour wandering around the veg hoeing out the odd
weed that had appeared. There is a sense of satisfaction in seeing the
garden growing well and weed free. A couple of years ago I didn't have
enough time for the garden and the weeds got the upper hand. My onions
were lost in two feet high weeds. It wasn't fun clearing them.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.