Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I was just cutting down large pine tree in yard and it fell into my
beautiful Oak tree and broke branch....It is maybe 90% broke. can I put
splint of some kind? Any advise appreciated.
I doubt that it is worth the effort. You don't say how old it is or give any indication of diameter. Up to an inch you could save it possibly by splinting, but you would have to do it every year for several years until the bark has grown thick enough to support it. If it much thicker than that you would have to be desperate to want to save it and I doubt that there is anything you could really do about it. You could try a tree surgeon, but remember surgeaons like to cut.
Bigal