Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM
mark740 mark740 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
Two possibilities:

[1] Eleagnus pungens [small suckering tree/shrub, with silver leaves and highly aromatic flowers now]

[2] Lonicera caerulea [goji berry/Duke of Argyll's teaplant/Wolfberry] has small starry pink flowers. Might produce edible red berries in autumn.

In both cases you will have to take the main stem right back to the ground and kill off with strong weedkiller. Alternatively, shape it to you taste and keep it.
I forgot to add that i have a main bush and this is growing inside it, it almost stops the other privet growing, its also seems to be taking over a tree outside my garden.

would more pictures be helpfull ?