Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Digging a fence panel post hole

On Jun 4, 10:16*pm, "mo" wrote:
Hi
I need to install 7 fence posts, I want to do them AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!

They are 9 foot posts

As I understand it I should aim to do a narrow hole as possible. But I have
also read I should stick some hardcore down there to help hold it in place -
doesn't this mean I should dig the holes a bit wider than the post itself?
or they just mean smaller rubble?

Anyhow, which tool will do it for me the quickest?

http://www.hss.com/g/62720/Post-Hole-Borer-Manual.html

Looks a bit small.....?

http://www.hss.com/g/50631/Shovel-Holer.html

Any good?

I also saw a digging shovel available elsewhe

http://www.triadsupply.com/products/...392_shovel.jpg

Thanks!

Frankly none of the above. Go to your nearest tool hire company and
tell them what you want to do. They will have a post hole borer you
can hire that will do the job with the least effort and greatest
efficiency. Yes you must make the hole bigger than the post so that
you can put some concrete in it to hold the post securely particularly
if they are nine foot posts!