Old 15-04-2003, 08:08 AM
Trevor Woods

Default lawn cuttings

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:33:42 +1000, "Stephanie Franklin"
wrote:

Hello.
Ummm, I think maybe it is not such a good idea. It all depends upon what
your lawn is. If it is kikuyu then the answer is a definite no. It big bold
letters "no!!! Why I hear you ask? Well it is simple. Kikuyu is also spread
through the lawn clippings. In addition to spores, kikuyu is grows from
broken off bits. Of course maybe you like pulling lawn out of your garden.
Personally I am not big into pulling lawn from my garden. Unfortunately the
previous owner of this house mulched the garden with the kikuyu lawn
clippings. Kikuyu is a good lawn but doesn't do well in the garden. Makes
for a very frustrated gardener.

I've got a fairly large lawn area, mostly kikuyu with some buffalo