Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
andrew[_3_] andrew[_3_] is offline

Default Arrg--ice cubes--arrg

the stupids thing of heard in my life. ice cubes on tropical plant.what next
light a fire on your plant .the smoke will increase your flower time.thats
why you dont buy orchids from big chains that dont know nothing about what
their selling.go to orchid nurseries!!!!!!
ps know and then i buy plants to save from the big chains.but i am not a
welfare state. i go broke saving orchids from the chains.
you must remember they want you to came back and buy another .if you kill
yuor plants its cheaper buying the flowers from a florist.they will last
just as long. for half the price.
"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
g.com...
This year has been something, up and down the east coast Wal*Mart and
Costco has been selling phals (from Costa I think) that includes a care
sheet telling people to water by placing a couple of ice cubes on top of
the mix every week. I am so sick of ice cube questions. Here are some my
standard answers:

I do not think the plants I am selling would thrive on ice cubes, you need
to talk to the grower you bought the plant from.

Why would anyone tell you to put ice on the roots of a tropical plant?

Those instructions are to keep the plant alive while it is blooming. They
assume you will throw the plant away when it goes out of bloom.

Ice cubes? What a novel approach.

I am not real happy with any of these answers, anyone have some ideas?

Pat