Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Digging a fence panel post hole

In my experience a small hole is only best in solid ground. In soft sandy
soils a bigger hole and more postcrete/concrete is more stable.

Mike

When I had my fence posts and fence panels delivered, the chap who delivered
then was an expert, it was his own business and had years of experience.
"You have very soft soil here, you need to make a big hole and concrete them
in" which I did.

The trouble was that they have nearly all rotted off by now at ground level.
The fence was put up about 20 years + ago and they started rotting at out 10
years ago

Mike