Old 15-04-2003, 08:32 AM
audgen

Default [IBC] Forsythia collecting

Hello,
I've recently been noticing a very nice Forsythia that I would like to collect. It's been in flower for about two weeks and I'm wondering when the next best possible time of year would be for collecting it. Can I collect it after it's finished blooming,
or do I really need to wait till next fall/winter?
It looks pretty old. Clumpish with very interesting trunks. I've read about some of Forsythia's shortcomings as bonsai but I think this one's trunk is interesting enough to give it a go.

Thanks for any help!
Audgen (zone 7) S.E. TN

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++