Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Removing Blossoms

On 6/5/2009 2:20 PM, Garrapata wrote:
I'm not familiar with the care of non-azalea rhododendrons. They don't
grow well in my climate.

How about the Vireya Rhodies? or is it too dry where you are?

Sunset says Vireyas are for zones 17, 23, 24, and Hawaii. They need a
frost-free climate. We consistently get night frosts in the winter,
sometimes every night for a week or more. Also, since I'm somewhat
inland, the air might be too dry. It's too dry for fuschias.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean