Old 06-06-2009, 04:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
George Parton George Parton is offline

Default Help! Wolf

Wolf K wrote:
George Parton wrote:
[...]

I am using a dual processor Mac with 10.? (newest & greatest)
operating system, 2 gig ram +++

Nice machine.

The news reader is Netscape 7.2 which I stated was old technology.
However I stay with it so I can utilize the very efficient filters,
simplicity as well as it is free! As for the 7-bit part, I am totally
ignorant. I access the internet through Cox High speed digital and
the NG's through Netscape via Cox.

Netscape's successor is Firefox (browser only) and Thunderbird (e-mail
and news reader). Both are improved over Netscape, and both are free at
mozilla.org. Seamonkey combines Firefox and Thunderbird, but i don't
like "suites", so I've not tried it. Besides, it's not a finished
product at present.

Thunderbird works OK as a newsreader (it hiccups on yEnc encoded posts,
and does not combine multi-part posts.)), and attaching is simplicity
itself: click on the Attach button, navigate to the desired folder, and
click on the image(s) (or any other file) you want to attach.

I have attached a picture of my Hong Kong Orchid which was suggested
by another responder. Let's hope it works!

It did. Looks good, too.

Thank you for your time and help.

George

You're welcome. I have Mac G4 Powerbook, but hardly ever use it.

cheers,

wolf k.

Wolf,

I too use Firefox and Safari. Firefox leaves much to be desired for me.
The Netscape 7.2 used to post the picture after your tutelage worked
just like you describe the Thunderbird. I am happy, now to take some pics!
Again I thank you.
George