Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 16:25:24 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 6, 3:46*pm, Sacha wrote:
snip

No storm yet but persistent rain since quite early this morning. *We've
been watching the Normandy memorial celebrations and I'm glad it's not
raining in that bit of France!
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

We went to the civil marriage of our friend's son today and our other
friend married them; it was very sincere and touching. Then all back
to the parents house for a coupe of Champagne and hot nibbles. The
religious ceremony is in 2 weeks time in Burgunday, regrettably we
can't go as I will be in the UK. The weather was dire at the
beginning of the ceremony but as we came out of the Mairie; sun broke
through the clouds. Our friend's son is an officer in the French army
stationed in Chadd and his new wife (lovely girl) is a parachutist,
stationed in Afganistan. All the flowers for the reception came from
my garden.

Judith

I can't *wait* tell Ray there are now female paratroopers......... ;-)
Sounds a lovely day, though. When my brother in law married a French
girl they had the civil ceremony one day and the church wedding the
next and I never did discover which they considered had meant they were
actually married.