Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Digging a fence panel post hole

On Jun 6, 4:17*pm, "mo" wrote:
these are concrete posts by the way. they are 9 foot as i have 6 foot posts
and a gravel board - so i might end up putting just over 2 foot underground

the electric post borer is looking more attractive if it will save me a LOT
more time.

The one up there is not electrical. It's 2stroke engine.
And as stated, suitable for soft ground.

i am guessing tho it will just me me a nice snug hole straight down -

Not to fast straight down I hope; When they shoot down like that they
can be a devil of a job to get back out again.

will
the hole be wide enough

No, not a chance.

or will i need to put a couple of heales near each

I'm unfamiliar with "heales"

other to make it wide enough?