Old 15-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Capsicum Help

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
"SG1" wrote:

I am growing capsicums in Sth Qld. They are supposed to be rather large, but
are about 3" long by 2" across. The soil is a rather sandy loam held
together with lots of animal manure ( Sheep horse & cow composted).trace
elements have been added and a bit of processed chook doo.
Any suggestions as to why they are under acheivers???

Did you plant them a bit late for your area? That's what springs to mind on
rather cool autumn day in Sydney.

Capsicums, tomatoes and eggplants belong to the same family so all
require the same growing conditions.

If the capsicums are "underachieving" then pretend that they are
tomatoes and ask why the tomatoes would be underachieving.

--
"I'd rather be a has-been than a never-been-at-all."