Old 06-06-2009, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 20:45:37 +0100, Judith in France
said:
snip
We have some of the visiting guests staying here tonight. We will
have to have Lottie sleep in our room as some leave at 5a.m. and
Lottie is still nervous of strangers in the house.

Judith

A good thing, IMO. Our Oscar Underfoot, the wire haired dachshund,
goes off with monotonous regularity at the milk/paper man, Nursery
staff coming into the house, anyone knocking at the front door and the
postman. Some of these people are in and out of here every day but we
still get the 'woofs' and in fact, we rely upon him to tell us that the
papers have been delivered each morning! On Saturday, the papers are
rather later than normal but today he was barking at 07.30 and when Ray
went downstairs, sure enough, the papers and milk were there. He's a
very good guard dog and that's a good thing, IMO.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon