Old 15-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default GardenWeb?

Alice Gamewell wrote:

Try www.Gardenguides.com or www.seedswappers.org. Garden Web stinks. It is owned
by one guy and even though you follow his rules, if you post something he doesn't
like, he will never let you post again, by using the cookies on your computer, he
sends you to a to a Disney site instead.

Easily circumvented .. and you end up at Disney for posting
Javascript or cuss words.

I once posted a reply recommending acompany I like.

How many times did you recommend the company?

He banned me from using the site and e-mailed me how he did not
like the company. Apparently only the businesses he likes can be posted as replies
when someone asks for a recommendation. About a year later, after changing my
email address, I posted an intresting article on GMO foods. Many other people
posted intresting articles too. I was bannned again because he did not like the
article.

Signing up again, after being banned, is not a good idea.

There have been frequent posts about Garden Web. Personally I think it is Garden
Web trying to advertise on this site. But if you ever read the replys, you will
see not many people are pleased with them.

I have never had a problem with GardenWeb ... but I don't have a
garden related business.

Spike is very good about blocking commercial use of the site, and
I have recieved almost no spam at the emailaddress I use there.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both