Old 07-06-2009, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default 2stroke strimmer

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:

I can't say I've ever had a problem with oil/fuel mix after being in the
fuel tank (thus not 100% sealed) of my Ryobi strimmer. Even over winter.

Ditto with my Ryobi strimmer. I've left mixed fuel in it over Winter and
it doesn't seem to have had any detrimental effects and it still runs with
the old fuel anyway. I just top it up as necessary with pre-mixed 2
stroke.

In hot weather you can find the petrol evaporates and leaves the oil behind
to gum up the works, or at least change the fuelil ratio, cauing smoke,
poor running etc. I use the strimmer, then empty it out into the petrol can
that I also use for a 4 stroke engine. The oil content isn't enough to cause
problems so far.

Steve