Old 07-06-2009, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default 2stroke strimmer

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

Ryobi are American, I think thier "gas" must be different to our petrol as
you quite often see that warning and you can buy "gas conditioners" to
prevent it.

They're actually Japanese, I think. Lots of "house brand" tools are
identical to Ryobi. My 2-cycle mix runs the "Toro" (but built by Ryobi)
strimmer and a Stihl chain saw, and is at least a year old. Never a
problem with it, and it has gotten older than that in the past before I
needed to make another 2-gallon batch.

Fuel stabilizer isn't a bad idea for machines stored over winter, but I've
never used it with the 2-cycle things.