Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Jampton Hugh Jampton is offline

Default 2stroke strimmer

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 13:50:53 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:

The only problem I did have starting mine turned out to be the spark
plug. For a while it was temperamental to start and to keep running,
finally it wouldn't start at all. On removing the spark plug I
discovered the ceramic bit had broken and was loose. New spark plug and
it was fine. Maybe your spark plug ceramic has cracked like mine did?

I did think that maybe it was the spark plug but was unable to get to it
:-( A cover needs to be removed and I don't have the correct allen key.

As a test I tried to start it again today. Primed it 7 times as per the
instructions and it wouldn't start. Left it an hour or two and tried again
(without priming). It started. Perhaps it doesn't need so much priming ?
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton