Old 07-06-2009, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 2stroke strimmer

Hugh Jampton wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 13:50:53 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:

The only problem I did have starting mine turned out to be the spark
plug. For a while it was temperamental to start and to keep running,
finally it wouldn't start at all. On removing the spark plug I
discovered the ceramic bit had broken and was loose. New spark plug and
it was fine. Maybe your spark plug ceramic has cracked like mine did?

I did think that maybe it was the spark plug but was unable to get to it
:-( A cover needs to be removed and I don't have the correct allen key.

As a test I tried to start it again today. Primed it 7 times as per the
instructions and it wouldn't start. Left it an hour or two and tried again
(without priming). It started. Perhaps it doesn't need so much priming ?

Sounds like you are flooding it maybe? Better to err on the side of less
priming. You can always give it another push if necessary. Once flooded
you would need to wait for the petrol to evaporate before it will start.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.