Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default need help identifying bugs on burning bush plants

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:26:41 -0700 (PDT), YvonneD
wrote:

We have many large burning bush plants. I noticed that most of the
the new leaves are deformed. On closer inspection I saw some insects
on the leaves. One is black and orange and about 1/2" long. See
photo he

http://home.comcast.net/~jbcamel/eba...korangebug.jpg

The other is mostly orange and looks like a beetle and is the same
size as a lady bug:

http://home.comcast.net/~jbcamel/ebay/beetlebug.jpg

Sorry the photos aren't sharper.

In addition to the bugs there are lots of little white spots on the
leaves. They look like aphids but they could also be eggs.

In addition to the bushes they also have destroyed my Berber Daisy
plants.

Can someone tell me what these bugs are and what we should do to get
rid of them?

thank you

Agree with the Lady bug ID, you can see for yourself he

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/category/beetles/lady-bug/

You may be able to find some answers to your other bug ID
questions at that site too. Lots and lots of different bug
images there to wade through...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b