Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mrcpea mrcpea is offline

Default 2stroke strimmer

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:10:53 +0100, Ted
wrote:

The instructions with my new Ryobi strimmer tell me not to mix more
petrol/oil that I can use within 30 days...Anyone tell my why this is
and if it really matters to a couple of months..
It came with a half litre can but that should last months for what I
need to do...

In my experience with 2 stroke strimmers, you'll only put a small
amount of
mixed fuel in the tank, then when you're finished, empty the remaining
fuel
out or just let the strimmer run out of fuel instead of using the
switch to
stop the spark. Make sure the mix is right & only keep a container of
mixed
fuel for around a month like your instructions say.

2 stroke strimmers can be very temperamental things indeed if you
don't get
into a routine when running them.