Old 07-06-2009, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Can anyone id this Hebe problem?

On 2009-06-07 23:13:46 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 6, 10:08*pm, "Spider" wrote:
Hi everyone,

Help! *I'm desperate. *My favourite Hebe has been afflicted by a
disease?/pest?/fungal problem? which has all but decimated it. snip

Spider, can you ping Sacha, I have a feeling Ray might know about
this, I know Sacha has several Hebe.

Judith

I'll ask him about it, Judith. But Ray doesn't much like growing Hebes
here as he thinks they don't do well in the damp, wet, SW where they
get downy mildew too often. We have them as in we sell them but we,
ourselves, have few in the garden.
I've described Spider's to him and he says it might be leaf miner and
downy mildew - not too good, I'm afraid. But we couldn't get the pics
to load so we're going by description only.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon