Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Olive tree varieties.

On 2009-06-07 18:32:26 +0100, Pam Moore said:

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:55:49 +0100, Sacha wrote:
snip
I've just heard from David Poole who says he can't be 100% sure but
thinks these are Olea exasperata, the dune or coastal olive.
Apparently they're not one of the edible olives and tend 'to form
scrubby growth rather than developing into a proper tree', according to
David. According to one online source I found, they're growing
extensively in the Steenbok Nature Reserve.
--

Well thanks Sacha and David. Not encouraging that I've been
cherishing my olive for 40 years, though keeping it small, and now it

Pam in Bristol

I think it's probably one of those things that's 'interesting' to plant
but no more than that.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.