Old 08-06-2009, 01:42 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Filling a pond

most of us fill it on "the meter". rain is not reliable unless you have some kind of
accumulating method that gets more water in than is evaporating. fortunately, with
the right veggie filter there wont be a lot of water changing to do if you get fish.
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 18:15:04 +0100, Jeremy992
wrote:

I am very new to this site and new to gardening overall, and therefore
apologise for this very basic question.
I have quite a large garden and am thinking of building a largeish
pond
(22m x 17m approx 430,000 litres using internate calculation tools)
My question is how do I fill it with water? (as I am on a meter and
obviously this would be out of the question)
Apologies again for the base nature of the question but any help would
be appreciated.
Thanks

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago