Old 08-06-2009, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Can anyone id this Hebe problem?

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

), I noted several froths of cuckoo spit complete
with leaf hopper;

Going down my garden today I was surprised to see cookoo spit everywhere.
It was not there yesterday.
I don't bother too much about it, tbh. I've never found it a problem for
any of my plants.

Tina

Hi Tina,

No, it's not the most horrendous pest, but it is a sap-sucker and, like all
sap-suckers, it can introduce virus. Most people who find it unsightly
simply hose it off the plant. It's the first time I've seen it on this
hebe; usually, there are tortrix caterpillers and aphids, but at manageable
levels.

Spider