Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Donn Thorson Donn Thorson is offline

Default June-7 - 09A_3428_Symbiosis.jpg

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

I'm not really into bugs, which seems to be the primary subject of
most macro photography, but I was out in the garden with my macro
setup shooting close-ups of flowers when I noticed this action.

I'm not even sure what kind of flowers these are. I think that I
planted them as bulbs myself years ago, but they took a few years to
get interesting, and by that time I had forgotten what I had put here.
The plants are short, only about 6-in or so and they have strap leaves
that sort of remind me of a miniature hyacinth. These clusters of
flowers are in a loose ball shape. It might be one of the many forms
of Allium, but it doesn't have the typical long, thin "onion-like"
foliage.

Canon 1DmkIII; EF300mm f4L IS + Canon 1.4x Tele-converter + Canon
500D Close-up filter; ISO-400; f-32; 1/100-sec
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

begin 644 09A_3428_Symbiosis.jpg
[Image]

end

Excellent macro...hard to shoot those little ants...they move quickly.
-Donn