Old 08-06-2009, 02:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wolf K[_2_] Wolf K[_2_] is offline

Default Garden Weeds - Clover-n-bug_5266.jpg (1/1)

Donn Thorson wrote:
In article ,
Wolf K wrote:

Donn Thorson wrote:
Alsike Clover with a bug...
I didn't know the bug was there when I took the picture...too busy
trying to focus the lens.
(All the following were taken with a Tamron Adaptall 90mm macro manual
lens with AF adapter, on a Canon Digital Rebel XTi set on AV.)

clover ain't a weed.

wolf k.

It's not a weed only when it is grown as a forage crop. Also like clover is
a forage crop that escapes cultivation and becomes a invasive in our
local corn and soybean fields...then it is a weed.

-Donn

Ah, well, true and all that, but the beneficial effects of mixing clover
into a lawn outweigh its disadvantages IMO.

Of course, if you want a putting green for a lawn, that's a problem. But
not mine. ;-)

cheers,

wolf k.