Old 09-06-2009, 09:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Rhubarb questions

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Now it's time to move it and of course, it's huge. If I hack off all
leaves & stalks except maybe for the smallest 3-4 in the center, is it
likely to survive the move?

Yep, so long as you get some decent roots along with the crowns and keep
it protected from high heat and keep the soil round the crowns moist for
a while after you move it.

Heck - that's easy. I even have an interesting, but strange looking
shading apparatus I can provide while the plant is in intensive care. This
thing puts the "K" in Kustom. Made from sticks and some dark wondow
screen.

I just found the following site as I was checking my "Favourites" folder to
get some cites for Gunner - you might be interested:
http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/