Old 09-06-2009, 07:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Horticultural Myths, Dr. L. Chalker-Scott

"gunner" wrote in message

If anyone has info from their area/or their AG Institutes I would
appreciate a link to bookmark.

What sort of links are you after? Presumably edible, but do you have
climate preferences or edible preference or......

Zone 8a WA State, between Sound Puget sound area and the foothills of Mt.
Rainier. lots of good water, little sun, tall trees, offsite imported
soils,
9x12 Green house and several beds, raised and yes, creosote and green
lumbers. No detectable arsenic leeching!

Lots of containers to move around and manage. Pretty fair hand at cooking.
Looking at more exotics to cook up. Presently have over 50-60 going. Want
to double that collection by next year. Controlled Environment Agriculture
and Hydroponics/Aquaponics are great interests, as well as ancient methods,
especially the Amerindian and MesoAmerica, Asian and Persian. Ancient
Shaman and herbal healing medicine lore, so the Desert SW is also a logical
interest. Plant propagation/seed collection is another interest that I am
just startin, . having problems with galangal taking root right now. Lemon
grass... got all 12 stick to root. Lemon trees are growing well, can't find
a Kariff lime tree up here. My have to order some stock as well as the
Seville Orange. Peppers are another great interest, want to collect & grow
more varieties of these, yet these are tough to do up here.

Oh yea...Sagan's Fine Art of Boloney Detection is sage advice I like to
follow. I follow Dr. Lynette Morgan of Growing Edge Mag, Dr. Linda
Chalker-Scott is pretty good read. Also, follow the Aztlan on
http://www.famsi.org/listinfo.html, plus some cooking blogs. Damn good
Photog, if I may say, cut my teeth long before Digital came along.

As I said, looking for some sage writers from some of the State's Ag
colleges, good mag writers, perhpas some of the State's Master Gardener
mags/periodicals.

You, what do you like?