Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Gardeners World should be pulled

On 2009-06-09 09:22:47 +0100, Martin said:

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 23:21:13 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 19:30:43 +0200, Martin wrote:

There is no sign of political interference in public broadcasting in the
Netherlands.

You trust our lot? There is already an awful lot of political media
manipulation going on, it would be far worse if the government had a
tighter grip on the money.

Most of the UK media is right wing. What do you expect?

Is it? The Times is owned by a republican, and supported Blair in the
2001 and 2005 elections; the Daily Mirror is left wing, The Sun once
supported Mrs Thatcher but then came out in support of Labour and cost
the Tories 500k votes according to one observer in 1997; the Grauniad
and the Independent are left wing, though the Indy probably tries to do
a better balancing act, the FT is largely regarded as being pretty
neutral while the Daily Mail and the Telegraph are right wing, as is
the Daily Express, though its readership has fallen off quite badly,
AIUI and it supported Labour in 2001. The BBC seems to be worrying
about not upsetting the government, especially since the David Kelly
horror. The Sun and the Daily Mail have the highest circulation
figures, I believe but am not swearing to that.
The Morning Star is far left, the Observer is left wing, the Sunday
Express and Mail on Sunday are right wing. The People is left wing, the
News of the World is right wing but is hardly a serious newspaper.
Overall, I wouldn't say UK media is strongly right wing.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon