Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mycosimian Mycosimian is offline

Default advice about a wisteria

On Jun 8, 9:46*am, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"poppyrae" wrote

THe wisteria is the same height as the bungalow and
has only produced 3 very small leaves and they are a yellow *the flowers
died as soon as they appeared The main stem on the tree seems healthy
but there is a lot of dead branches entwined all the way up and a
couple of birds nests at the top.

If it's to thrive and florish wisteria needs to be severely pruned back each
year, obviously you're guilty of total neglect.

http://www.finegardening.com/how-to/...steria.aspx?nt...

The wisteria at my childhood home grew well and produced a beautiful
showing every year with absolutely no care. It was planted by previous
owners and was still going strong when my family moved away. Some was
growing on a chain link fence in full sun and some grew in a stand of
trees on the opposite side of the yard. Last time I drove past the
place, most of the trees were gone.