Old 15-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Pam

Default GardenWeb?

Cereoid-XXX wrote:

Not bitter at all. Its Spike's loss. He'd rather have a bunch of beginners
unable to answer each others questions than have anyone he considers a
threat to his little kingdom. You can be sure he now has far more people
banned than members. He has no interest in gardening or sharing info and has
said so. He does everything he can to discourage knowledgeable people from
taking part in the discussions. His GardenWeb is just an excuse for hustling
a few buck from advertisers. If the advertisers abandon the creep, the farce
will be ancient history.

I wish you could see first hand what an arbitrary mean spirited autocrat
Spike really is.

Once again you demonstrate you know nothing about which you post and you
continue to do it in a bitter, meanspirited and contentious manner. While there
may very well be a number of beginners visiting GardenWeb as there are here,
there is also an astonishingly complex network of regulars who post on a vairety
of forums that are extremely knowledgeable about their topics. Some are even
recognized experts in their fields. I have gotten a wealth of information from
that source on some rather esoteric topics including unusual species clematis
and uncommon conifers. The dialog on the professional forums (Landscape Design,
Propagation, Professional Gardening) is extremely informational and lively.

I can certainly see how you would look at it differently - the tone of your
postings would have you kicked off that site in seconds. I find it particularly
refreshing that that rude, bad tempered know-nothing know-it-alls such as
yourself don't last long as GardenWeb members. You have a lot of nerve calling
someone else an "arbitrary mean spirited autocrat". You have exactly the same
attitude to wreck gardens only you don't possess the authority to do anything
about it. An unmoderated group such as this is the only vehicle you are able to
access to dish out your dirt..

Pot, kettle, black.

pam - gardengal