Old 09-06-2009, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Horticultural Myths, Dr. L. Chalker-Scott

"gunner" wrote in message
"gunner" wrote in message

Thank you Farmi.

I have an amateur anthropologist view also. we had a old series her in the
US called the Foxfire books that I enjoyed. old stories of the hill folks,
bee keeping, chicken raising, gun making, bear hunting, even "shine"
stories. lots of old "getting by" stories from back in the day.

No, that is not me. we left Europe in 87 and moved here, retired in 92,
did a few contractor jobs and now just keeping busy with "things". Trying my
hand at Breads and Sourdough, would like to have some ducks and chicken but
we live in a development on the edge of some green belts, I do have a
neighbor with 8 acres behind me that raises chicken and pheasant. Been
thinking of Beekeeping. Definately have to learn canning. Tomatoes are
doing very well this year and expect to have a new hydro system this week
and another next month to test run for greens and lettuces in the late
summer early fall.

I am looking at all your links this week

Again, thanks. hope to read lots from ya.