Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Tomatoes on the vine

All the tomatoes I've seen growing ripen in sequence down the stem.
Vine tomatoes in the supermarkets are usually all equally ripe.
How do they acheive that?

I do not understand why people buy them, they are just a scam, no
different
from any other tomato, other than Spanish ones of course, they are very
expensive with no advantage, just to fool people into paying more for
something which has not been seperated before sale.

Alan

Well, Alan, I treat myself now and then, and yes they are different.
They smell and taste of fresh-picked tomatoes. If they don't smell
right I don't buy them.

Pam in Bristol

I am with Pam on that one, I bought some tiny ones on the vine, Piccolo I
think that they were called and they tasted very very good.

kate