Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Big bird ( not Sesame Street )

--
..
"Mo Leo" wrote in message

I seem to get rooks, jackdors, magpies etc in my garden.... I do still
get a few small birds but how can I encourage them when the big birds
are eating all the nuts and seeds before the little ones get a look in.

--
Mo Leo

You need some high bushes or hedges. The big birds don't like to drop into a
garden where they cannot escape in a hurry. We have lots and lots of little
ones, but the neighbour has the big ones as their garden is 'open'

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-BWT4G78...%20-Other.html

Will give you an idea

I get the small birds, Blackbirds the biggest, under the Veranda and almost
at my feet when the door is open

Best wishes

Mike