Old 15-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Crab Apple Tree - Stunting Fruit Growth

I absolutly love crab apple trees for the foliage and flowers, and planted
a fairly new growth one last year from the local garden center. When it
bloomed I noticed that it is the bearing fruit kind and wondered if there
was a way to avoid it from bearing fruit but still flower.

If you like the tree otherwise & don't want to replace it, you can probably get
a hormone spray which will greatly reduce or eliminate the fruit. Ask at a
large garden center.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."