Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dale P[_2_] Dale P[_2_] is offline

Default will it work?

"JimR" wrote in message
m...

You may be able to get it to work, but you need to do more research and
design. If it's a high pressure, low volume pump you would need to add
one or more pressure tanks, sized so that the pump runs for up to about
two minutes whenever it comes on. If it's low pressure, high volume then
you don't need the pressure tanks and the pump can run for as long as the
system is turned on. But you also have to worry about whether there is
enough flow to keep the pump from overheating --

If you stop by a good irrigation supply company they can probably help you
sort out what you have and what you need --

I owned an irrigation supply company many years ago. Well, June is very
busy time of year here, and the last thing I wanted was some guy coming to
pick our brains about using some old equipment instead of spending some
money on a new system. While I am real beleiver in customer service, these
guys just use up your time and do not follow your advice anyway. Mind you,
I have no problem with you RB, just hook it up and see if it works. If not,
move on to something else. As was discussed, if you have a pool pump you
are not using, you have nothing to lose.