Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default barbeque cast iron grill

--
..
"john royce" wrote in message
The grill that sits on top of my little barbeque is cast iron. The
surfaces on the grill it are not very smooth, so its really difficult to
clean off the burnt on residue.

A stainless steel grill I also have (but dont use much, because it does
not sit well on the barbeque) is easy to clean, because I can soak it in a
water tank for a week or two after use so the burnt will always scrape off
easily.

If I soaked the cast iron one like that I think it would quickly turn to
rust. So would anyone have any experience of easily cleaning a rough
surfaced cast iron grill after use? Thanks.

Is it too big to go in the Dishwasher?

Other than that, a wire brush, unless you want to buy a Sand Blaster machine
;-(

Mike