Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Horse Manure

On Jun 9, 11:51*pm, "Simon" wrote:
I am going tomorrow to pick up some 2 year old manure.

Is it best to leave it longer than this, or can it be put down now. I am in
no hurry to get it down obviously but wonder if it will be better with a
little more age, like a fine wine lol.

The lady told me there is some old stuff, 2 years, and some new stuff. I am
taking rubble bags and someone told me once not to leave the tops open on
the bags when storing them as the rain washes all the goodness away.

Thanks Simon

Simon, I get manure from my farmer neighbour, he ensures that any
animal being treated with drugs is excluded from the manure heap.

Judith