Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default plant IDs

On Jun 10, 11:01*am, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
I visited Acorn Bank (NT) up in Cumbria towards to the end of April, and
came across a plant that I couldn't place. I'm not sure whether it was
meant to be there, or arrived under it's own steam.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2731758...06/3613702154/

Anyone recognise it?

There was also in the woodland garden there (and I presume wild) a
marginal plant that is reasonably common, but which I've never pinned
down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3613702244/

While I'm asking questions, there's also this aquatic plant photographed
in a canal backwater last month.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3525917881/
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

They are tough so I cannot help much; 1 looks just like Chrysosplenium
oppositifolia in habit but the petals are way too big. It is a
common native in damp woodlands. 3 could be a Callitriche which are
common aquatics in steams and ditches and are buggers to tell apart.