Old 10-06-2009, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default A plea

--
..
"Spider" wrote in message

"Kate Brown" wrote in message
I haven't been here very long, but I like this group - when it talks about
gardening. I've learnt a huge amount and I respect all of those who
engage with the gardening problems. But there's an awful lot of sniping
going on, particularly lately, and clearly this has history that I'm
ignorant of. But please, please, PLEASE can we agree to ignore the snipes?
Not necessarily the snipers - some of whom have useful things to say
occasionally, and I don't like kill-filing anyone - but those snide
one-liners that don't contribute anything except a sour note. If we all
just agreed to ignore them, perhaps they would stop? These remarks don't
have anything to do with gardening, and just take up brainspace and
bandwidth that would be much better employed working out how to outwit
garden pests, as opposed to usenet pests.

Apologies for rant. It's just getting a bit much lately.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne
dot org dot uk if you want to reply personally

Rant and apologies accepted :~). You're right, this is usually a
friendly and informative group which is much valued by many, myself
included, and I understand just what you mean. We'll all have to try a
bit harder. Gardening is too happy a pursuit to spoil it by arguing over
the garden fence.

Spider

Aggression has always been rife on this newsgroup.

Mike