Old 10-06-2009, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Horse Manure

On 2009-06-10 14:19:07 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 10, 11:43*am, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 03:38:54 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jun 9, 11:51*pm, "Simon" wrote:
I am going tomorrow to pick up some 2 year old manure.

Is it best to leave it longer than this, or can it be put down now. I

am in
no hurry to get it down obviously but wonder if it will be better with

little more age, like a fine wine lol.

The lady told me there is some old stuff, 2 years, and some new stuff.

I am
taking rubble bags and someone told me once not to leave the tops open

on
the bags when storing them as the rain washes all the goodness away.

Thanks Simon

Simon, I get manure from my farmer neighbour, he ensures that any
animal being treated with drugs is excluded from the manure heap.

and the manure too? )
--

Martin

LOL. Sacha, sort him out!!!! :-)

Judith

I know a hopeless case when I see one. ;-) I imagine some drugs given
to animals are mandatory, so it must surely mean that the
powers-that-be in the organic world permit their use?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon