Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default A Bit Of Mischief (Was Dear Gardeners)

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Gordon, you have caused trouble for me in other groups, do not bring
it here;

The shoe is on the other foot, and wedged firmly in your own mouth.

True. Judith was followed closely into afpf by a Troll who criticised
Judith. The guy she was flirting with at the time accused me of being
the troll, because he knew I didn't like her. The headers proved
otherwise, but he was embarrassed when I ridiculed him, and went as far
as to threaten to sue me!

The arrival of the Troll made me suspect that Judith had a newsgroup
"history", and she has been in my kill file ever since.

I will merely point out, that Bobbie and Graham are keen gardeners,

Who's Graham?
Have you been seeing someone else? g

Let's get back to gardening.
My broad beans are rampant and producing plenty of flowers.
Sugar snap peas are slow to climb the support net.
Ditto with a few runners I planted out.
Cut & Come Again lettuce is bursting out of the cold frame.
Radishes are ravishing.
Carrots slow, but it's the first time I've grown them in a container.
Tomatoes, two plants surviving with large fruit trusses (MoneyMaker and
Ailsa Craig). The Alicante developed semi-transparent patches on
teh leaves, and the flowers just didn't set.

If the short Manchester season gives me enough veg, the plan for next
year is a slightly raised bed and some more topsoil.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply