Old 10-06-2009, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Thanks for the responses

In message , slide
writes
Thanks for the responses. I thought tomatoes were annuals. I see I was
wrong about that which goes pretty much all the way to addressing my
questions.

To answer a bit more, the room has an east facing window from floor to
ceiling so it's rather light but not light like a greenhouse. OTOH,
being as we're at a lower latitude than the UK (35 degrees north), we
get more sun than anywhere in the UK during winter.

The conditions were very very dry. I doubt my wife watered the plant
over winter. Our relative humidity is roughly 20% or less during the
winter time.

The plant is merrily producing fruit right now. We harvested our first
fruits from it yesterday.

Again, thanks to all for your responses and information.

You might be interested in googling around for information on the
"tomato tree" at EPCOT.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley