Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default barbeque cast iron grill

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
john royce wrote:
The grill that sits on top of my little barbeque is cast iron. The
surfaces on the grill it are not very smooth, so its really
difficult to clean off the burnt on residue.

A stainless steel grill I also have (but dont use much, because it
does not sit well on the barbeque) is easy to clean, because I can
soak it in a water tank for a week or two after use so the burnt
will always scrape off easily. If I soaked the cast iron one like that I
think it would quickly
turn to rust. So would anyone have any experience of easily
cleaning a rough surfaced cast iron grill after use? Thanks.

Why bother at all? I just let mine get dead hot, and use a wire brush
on it.
The heat sterilises it and turns everything to carbon, and you simply
brush that off.

Yup Ten out of ten.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman