Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ticks?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:20:51 +0100, MadKad
wrote:

Hi

I was in my garden the other day and come across a tick, I was 100%
sure it was a tick and when I checked online I was 110% sure lol

But now its put my g/f off letting our son in our garden, I need to do
something that will kill any bugs like that etc.

does any one know what I can do?

Thank you

I got several tick bites. The ticks come from the deer. DEET helps,
but you still need to get naked in front of a mirror and look for any
strange dots. Some ticks are very tiny but get bigger as they fill
with blood. I remove them by slowly pulling them out, then apply
hydrocortizone until the itching stops. It helps to keep the garden
as tidy as possible too. Some birds enjoy eating ticks.