Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ticks?

MadKad wrote:
Hi

I was in my garden the other day and come across a tick, I was 100%
sure it was a tick and when I checked online I was 110% sure lol

But now its put my g/f off letting our son in our garden, I need to do
something that will kill any bugs like that etc.

does any one know what I can do?

Thank you

Insect repellant works to some extent. Long trousers tucked in your socks
is good. Getting somebody to check you all over in the shower is better.
With dogs (as well as a tick collar) I check them each night by the
finger-crawl method in tick season. Works for people too. :-)

David