Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lagagnon lagagnon is offline

Default Rhododendron problems

We have a large, ~40 yr. old rhodo, quite spindly, about 15'-20' tall
that is looking quite sick. Very yellowish green leaves, sparse, some
leaves with brown spots on them. It is flowering now but even the
flowers do not look healthy. The bed was mulched last year and
10-10-10 basic garden fertilizer spread over the bed, but that does
not seem to have helped this rhodo.

We have had a hot dry spell the past 2 weeks (Victoria BC) and
although we have an irrigation system I have also just given the tree
a good thorough watering today.

Any ideas appreciated on how we might save this rhodo would be
appreciated.